The October Waveguide is now available.
At the September 14, 2016 meeting, members of the Lapeer County Amateur Radio Association elected a new slate of officers for the 2016-2017 year.
As previously communicated, Gordon Miller, KD8TXW stepped down as President, largely due to personal commitments. Gordon served as the Association President for the 2015-2016 year, and introduced a variety of presenters and format changes to the meetings. Gordon’s quiet leadership will be missed.
The elected slate of officers is as follows, and takes effect on October 1, 2016, running through September 30, 2017.
President: Gerret Peters, KD8YUK
Vice President: Kevin Boxey, KB8TAR
Treasurer: William (Bill) Miller, KD8VP
Secretary: Lee Dziekan, N8LJ
Repeater Trustee: Mike Zedan, KN8Z
Waveguide Editor: OPEN POSITION*
* As a condition of accepting the nomination to President, Gerret Peters, KD8YUK, is resigning as Waveguide Editor. The Waveguide Editor is in a unique and advantaged position within the Association, having an opportunity to share and shape public opinion of the club. Interested members should contact Gerret directly at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The September 2016 Waveguide is now available, after a slight delay. September is Club Officer Election Month, so please be sure to attend the meeting to cast your vote.
The August 2016 issue of the LCARA Waveguide is now available.
A Few Highlights:
- Club Picnic, 6:30pm on 8/9, at Cramton Park in Lapeer, MI
- If you have a small (2kw or so) generator, bring it and Gordon will test it
- Bring a dish to pass
- ARES Field Exercise on August 17th
- The Crim Festival of Races is looking for volunteers
- Lee is looking for a particular resistor
- Charles got his General!
The July 2016 LCARA Newsletter, The Waveguide, is now available! Also attached to this publication is a scanned note of thanks from AMSAT for the club’s recent donation.
Don’t miss the July12th meeting as we enjoy a presentation on solar power and a recap of the club’s Field Day activities. See you there!
Hello, and welcome to the newly-updated W8LAP website. The web team is in the process of making a few new connections and soldering up a few loose ones, so excuse the clutter on the bench as we get the site ready for the big show.